Staten Island University Hospital EMT Scholarship
About the EMT Scholarship Program
Staten Island University Hospital is selecting 5 students for each program — 10 students total — to receive the EMT Scholarship in memory of fallen EMTs and Paramedics, Paramedic David Restuccio, Paramedic Brian Saddler, and EMT Joseph Russo. The two classes are the Staten Island Emergency Medical Training and the Training Institute for Medical Emergencies & Rescue.
Staten Island Emergency Medical Training:
– Starts January 2022
– Scholarship value is $1200/student
– Scholarship includes tuition, textbooks, web site access, study materials, EMT equipment
Training Institute for Medical Emergencies & Rescue:
– Starts February 2022
– Scholarship value is $1050/student
– Scholarship includes tuition, textbooks, insurance, computer testing, PPE supply (Blood pressure cuff and stethoscope are recommended, but not supplied.)
At the end of the course you to be eligible to be certified to provide basic emergency services to people on the way to a hospital or other health care facility.
Once certified, graduates will be eligible to work for private, hospital based and municipal EMS services. You must be at least 17 years old and have a 3.0 GPA or above to apply.
How to Apply
To apply for the EMT Scholarship, email the following information in one email to Frank Morisano at FMorisano@northwell.edu by November 30th, 2021.
– Phone Number
– GPA of 3.0 or above
– Unofficial high school/college transcript
– Cover Letter “Why are you interested in our EMT Scholarship Program”
– Letter of recommendation from sponsoring organization
– Reference Contact (Name, phone number, relationship)