Health Equity Internship
Community Health Worker (CHW) Aide Program
About the Community Health Worker Aide Program
This is a FREE opportunity to take your health care education and career to the next step! Graduating seniors and people up to the age of 25 are eligible to take a free, virtual CHW Aide training course and can qualify for a PAID 10 week internship working with health, faith-based and social service agencies!
People between the ages of 17 and 25 on Staten Island can apply for the program.
Participants complete and pass a 4-hour virtual course with an 80% or more. People with little or no internet access will have access to free, local computer labs to complete training.
Participants will complete an internship with community agencies on Staten Island. The internship will be PAID – 20 hours per week for 10 weeks at $15 per hour.
Interns who graduate from the program will be eligible for a full scholarship to the College of Staten Island Community Health Worker Certificate Program.
Information sessions will be held on September 22nd and September 29th. Please register for ONE (1) of these sessions. Participation in the information session is not required to apply for the program. Once you register, you can attend either session. There is no need to attend both sessions.
How to Apply
To apply, email the following information to Mindy Mannarino at MMannarino@statenislandpps.org by Friday, October 1st, 2021.
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Vaccine Status
- High school diploma or high school equivalency
- List of trainings or certifications completed
- Cover Letter “Why are you interested in our CHW Aide Internship Program?”
- Letter of recommendation from sponsoring organization
- Reference Contact (name, number, relationship to applicant) from place of worship, school or community agency
To save time during the application process, you can complete these forms below. Please DO NOT send these via email:
- A copy of your photo ID
- A copy of your Social Security Card
- Working papers if under 18 years of age
- Signed copy of the CHW Aide Internship Agreement. If under 18, a parent must signed the agreement as well.
- W-4 form
- I9 form
- Covid-19 Vaccine/Testing Status
- If you are opting for direct deposit, please submit a voided check with this direct deposit form or a bank letter